Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday Squee: Fallen Gods Anniversary Parties

The Sunday Squee is about things that make me happy and excited. From books to movies to television shows to podcasts, I'll highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me, magnifying both of our joy.

Close Friends

Every year, Fallen Gods has a party. It's really the lastish leg in an ongoing event to celebrate another year of the store being open following a massive photo contest (I totally intended to make a whole post about my image in the vain hope of maybe winning something, but ah well! I missed my chance!) and this year a clever grid-wide hunt via HUD. One of the things I've done for a few years now is take photographs of the dancers, trying to swim through lag to take images of each guest as they arrive and some of the highlights of the event. This year, may I say, I outdid myself - I took almost 100 pictures covering three different events, and I even now and then managed to take something almost artistic.

Dance Like it's 2007: Alia and Sonya

Dance images are always a challenge to take. First of all there's the impossibility of getting a clean image - an image without a ton of background or with the right amount of background. Secondly, there's catching a clean pose. Dances are notoriously skeleton bending and uneven, and capturing something that changes in seconds is incredibly difficult. It also becomes a really fun challenge to manage something artistic - it flexes a different sort of sense; a different source of inspiration. I'm sharing a few of my favorites out of the hundred here, and I look forward to my next change to capture the moment in such an exciting and dynamic manner.

Bare without being Bare: Deoridhe

( Other Sunday Squees. )

( More Images form the Dance Party here. )

No comments:

Post a Comment