Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Squee: Dance Dance Revolution

The Sunday Squee is when I can talk about things that make me happy and excited. The main focus will be on different things people created, from books to movies to television shows to podcasts, and my effort will be to highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me so I can enjoy what you love!

Sunday Squee: Dance Dance Revolution

I have loved Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) for years - since I was picking out games for my Playstation 2 and ran across it in the store. I love the heavy beated music, the squish of the dance pad, the cheesy encouragement from the announcer, the avatars dancing out of step with the music, and even the cheering crowds. For people who haven't played it, DDR is a video game played with your feet on a large pad - a plastic one you lay on the floor for the home version, and a heavy plastic dance pad like shown above in the arcades. You can also purchase the heavier version - and indeed I had one during my heyday - but the flimsy plastic is good enough for fun. There are four directional steps and stepping on the right one in time with the music is how you succeed at the game. There are more complicated things, like leaping to hit two directions at once, or landing and holding a step for a while, but moving in time with the music is the core of the game. You can also play against people, or with two pads lined up next to each other for more dramatic dances. Here's an example of one of my favorite songs on hard - there are three or four difficulty levels for each song - Dark Black Forest.

It may seem goofy at first - indeed all of my friends at the time made fun of me until they played it the first time - but it is an excellent game both alone and at parties. I just recently splurged on a bunch of new disks for the new year, and I'm in bliss learning all the new songs and steps!

( Other Sunday Squees. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Alice Project, Blue Jeans
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Blue and Sky
Lipstick: Senzafine, Sirene Lipstick
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: Sense-able Fashions, Puzzle it Out (Genre)
Outfit: Blue Blood, Lynn - Skyline (Genre)
Shoes: Goth1c0, Dark Call (Genre)

Pose and Dance Pad: Tic Tac Cute, Stars 2 


Light Settings: Phototools, No Light
Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment