Friday, September 27, 2013

SL Disney Bound – Week Twenty Six: Mr. Walt Disney

Adore

This is the last of the Disneybound Challenges, and I'm both sad and glad to end things with Mr. Walt Disney; he is an interesting figure, very much of his time, and so my feelings about him are highly mixed. I've had fun with this challenge, though, even if I regularly escaped the bounds of reasonable clothing and well into standard Second Life glamour and impossibility. It will be a bit of a relief to finish out a challenge, though, and as it is I'm several weeks late.I bit off rather more than I could chew, even though a few challenges went by the wayside - I think from here on out I'll limit myself to only a couple of challenges, instead of the four I attempted briefly over the summer. I'm increasingly feeling a drive to become more expressive, though; to try to capture my emotions through these images and somehow find a relief from my suffering. Recent time has been very difficult offline, with pressure high, and sometimes I feel like I'm boiling inside - my center molten and no longer steady. I've been trying to escape through a variety of vehicles, but I think the hardest part is looking into the mirror and not being sure I like what I see. I don't know how to be any better, though, and so I stumble along dragging lives with me in ruins, and I weep at the world around me as it burns and freezes. There are twists and curves I can't manage, and I am left with only, "I don't know what to do." And so, the world or me failing, what can I do but get dressed up and take pictures?

Winding Way

My hat is an old purchase from Glam Affair which I really adore - a simple cap with bows as butterflies over a single branch; elegant, artistic, and I can tint it if I want, rendering it perfection. I tucked it over a loose updo from Luletka that was blessedly unrigged mesh, so I could narrow it from to back and fit the cap more easily on top. I love how it's half pulled back and half unraveled, as if the cares of the day have driven it out of it's morning's perfection. The jewelry which dominates this look is from Mandala, and it's glorious; I have it in white and red from the marketplace, and I'll be seeking out the other colors in world when I have some time to breathe - I adore how it shimmers, and how enormous the jewels are. Large jewels work well in contrast to the simplicity of this dress from Valentina E, special release for the Liaison Collaboration, a double slit, formal gown with a lovely silhouette and enough skin showing to be alluring without losing the elegance. My nails, stockings, and ring all come from Stellar, released as part of the Flowers in my Attic, and are part of the SLink Enhancement system, which means the stockings work perfectly with my SLink feet which are stuffed snugly into these awesome tri-colored heels from SLink proper.

New Castle

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene Skin porcelain
Hair: LeLutka, Alvina
Hat: Glam Affair, Oly Hat 07
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe Wings
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Stellar, In Bloom (Flowers in My Attic)
Earrings: Earthstones, Timeless Pearl Earringd
Jewelry: Mandala, Milky Way Set
Ring: Stellar, In Bloom Ring (Flowers in My Attic)
Dress: Valentina E, Anna Dress (Liaison Collaboration)
Stockings: Stellar, In Bloom Tights (Flowers in My Attic)
Shoes: SLink, Tri-color Wedges

Poses: Glitterati


Location: Skye Neist Point
Light Settings: Phototools, Dream Book Light 02
Water Settings: Nacon's Lake Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment