Monday, September 30, 2013

Silhouettes

Monochrome

Silhouettes are rather easy to accomplish with Windlight in Second Life, but in terms of showing off clothing or locations it simply doesn't work. I have a deep and abiding love for the effect, so I've decided to begin to collect pictures in various places where the silhouette is particularly attractive.

There is something to the simplicity of the silhouette; how it brushes away all of the details, leaving stark layers behind. The world sometimes seems distressingly nuanced, and lately I've come face to face with my own profound, upsetting helplessness - how inadequate love is in the face of an uncontrollable world. I feel a darkness, a tiredness in me tonight; my mind is in silhouette tonight - all sharp edges and shadows and grief.

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Pose: !bang, F*S pack A1
Light Settings: Phototools, B/W Light 13

No comments:

Post a Comment