Saturday, June 1, 2013

Objectified

Advertising

So... I got on another blogger list, this time with Studio Sidhe, and after my rather confused statement that I mostly blog static poses on other peoples' land, she added me to both the pose and prop list because apparently she likes me (or wanted to see what I do - she is a tricksy Faery). The first offering out of the gate? This amazing mannequin set, with a stand to rez and sit on, three poses, and a tattoo layer to make me all silvery. As you can see, I passed on the silvery, though it is awesome. I also modified the rezzable pose stand to be a wearable accessory, made it short enough to fit my height, and proceeded to head across the grid as a moving, wriggling, flying mannequin - effectively objectifying myself in only the most giggle-worthy manner. I have no legs.I am all agiggle. The effect when I'm moving is surprisingly workable; although I am clearly moving, and not hopping, by linking the stand to my pelvis it remains in the proper place most of the time and doesn't overly cut through my clothing. It was hard to find poses to work, though; the hips had to be reasonably level in order for the effect to be realistic and look like I was on display.

On Display

My immediate idea had been to set myself up in an outfit and then go to the store where the outfit was from to snap some pictures, as if I was an actual mannequin for the store. To that end, I found this amazing mesh mini from Apple May Designs, paired it with a gorgeous scarf from the same place, and headed over to her very fun store for a few snaps - dodging shoppers as I went.I really had fun finding spots where a mannequin might be put in the store, though I'll admit I fudged now and then and called it done. For my hair - or should I say wig? - I used a simple and sweet style from Wasabi Pills, and I kept my cosmetics very simple. I am solely showing the basic neutral appearance of De La Soul's still not released Candace skin, and I love the lips very much. My only sadness is the brow is brown instead of blond, but many natural blonds have a darker brow, so I guess I'm one of them - or my brows are painted on. I am, after all, a mannequin. This whole setup reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode I saw once called "After Hours," where a young woman discovers a mysterious floor in a store where the only thing for sale is a Golden Thumble; a mysterious floor which later appears to be devoid of life, only full of mannequins. It gives me chills even now, remembering.

Front Hall

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace - Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Fay (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Deco
Scarf: Apple May Designs, Watercolor Scarf (promotional item)
Dress: Apple May Designs, Sabrina Mesh Dress (promotional item)
Stand: Studio Sidhe, Mannequin Pose Stand

Poses: Studio Sidhe


Location: Apple May Designs
Light Settings: Anan Adored Light Explosion
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment