Thursday, May 2, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 17 - Coastal Night’s

Urn

Slowly I'm catching up on all of my challenges - now is time for the twisted color challenge, and I really love the high contrast of the color combination, a dark, dull blue and a soft, pale pink called Coastal Nights. I ended up combining a gown and a corset - the prim of the Fellini Couture gown allowing me to clear out it's torso area so I can go all narrow and slinky. This is actually the second time I've worn the Perception corset for a challenge - the last time for Snow White - and it's really the perfect color once again.The flowers along the gown and covering the skirt are beautifully rendered, and manage to break up the line of the corset to make it a little less severe, and help it to look like a unified outfit instead of two disparate pieces. Where I really started, though, was with this Cloche hat from Eclectica, only recently released. I had the pink hat, and I was able to "select face" in the edit menu to tint only the hat, not the band, this rich, dark blue. It really perfectly encompasses Coastal Nights, I think - delicate and dark all at once.

Dynamic Shadows

It has been a very long week, and I'm definitely feeling the strain of a lot of things pulling me in a lot of directions. I've also been dwelling on some new information about the philosophy of ethics from Ex Urbe - see, I've never taken any formal philosophy courses except for the odd existential course; I've read a few philosophers, but it's always been in my own type and style. It was fascinating, then, to read about there being three types of ethical/moral types, separated by the origin of the ethical validity. The oldest is called Virtue ethics, but it's best described as Intent Ethics - e.g. the ethical validity comes from the intention of the person taking an action. The second is Deontology, which is a weird word, and might better be called Rules Ethics - e.g. there is a Code of Conduct and one is ethical/moral so long as one obeys the Code. The third came from one of my favorite people, Machiavelli, and is called Utilitarianism or Consequentialism, and is the most accurately named for modern language - the ethical validity comes from the results of the actions. I've been having as great deal of fun breaking down my own moral structures by which of the types of ethics each falls under - I'm a pretty even mix of Intent and Consequence, with a little Deontology thrown in for the odder axioms which underpin my moral sense (like the values of beauty and harmony). A lot of discussions I've gotten into in the past seem to gain some clarity from these lenses, too - often in issues of morality, people are arguing between different types of morality, and thus at cross purposes. Fascinating stuff, isn't it?

Lights and Reflections

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Eclectica, Solaria Cloche Hat
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Fellini Couture, Arpege Gown
Corset: Perception, Underbust Corset - Pisces
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Nails: A:S:S, Ombre
Shoes: G Field, Bow Strap Shoes

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Magnificat
Light Settings: Purple
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment