Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Blog the Beat: Week One - Mirrors by Justin Timberlake

2013-05-29 Blog the Beat_002

Mirrors by Justin Timberlake

Aren’t you somethin’ to admire?
Cause your shine is somethin’ like a mirror
And I can’t help but notice
You reflect in this heart of mine
If you ever feel alone and
The glare makes me hard to find
Just know that I’m always
Parallel on the other side

Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soul
I can tell you there’s no place we couldn’t go
Just put your hand on the glass
I’ll be tryin’ to pull you through
You just gotta be strong

We often discover who we are through the reflections of other people - how they react to us tells us who we are in the world, that space where we meet the worlds of everyone else. I don't have a single mirror, and sometimes I regret that; I would like to feel most important to someone, and to have someone who was most important to me, but it has not been the case for a while. Even with that, though, I have my friends and loved ones to keep me from every being lonely.

( More pictures here. )

No comments:

Post a Comment