Monday, April 22, 2013

Fantasy Faire: Crimson Fields

Crack in the Surface

 Crimson Fields is based around aspects of the Dark Tower series, which I've never read but I've looked up on Wikipedia. It's a dark sim, with the only color (outside of the stores) being fields of crimson roses and a small pile of glinting yellow candles. I felt the simplicity of the sim really set off the rich color of my skin, a new release for Fantasy Faire by De La Soul. I've actually been taunted by this skin for a while before the Faire, and I had a devil of a time picking out which of the colors I'd blog (I'm seriously considering picking up a second shade for some vague plans with shoes, but we'll see how the rest of the week goes), but this red was so rich and vibrant that in the end I couldn't resist. The skin itself has a tattoo of gleaming tentacles over it, available in both light and dark shades, and the tentacles are also available as a tattoo to put over other skin and, if you wish, tint.I'm showing off the dark option, with rich red tentacles and a striking gold heart on the chest. I really like how feral and wild the skin looks, and it goes a treat with the included eyes (one of four), and for the elfin among us there are three varieties of De La Soul ears included, pre-textured to match. There are also Lola and Lush appliers, which I haven't used, and SLink appliers, which I have, and a gorgeous set of tentaclely SLink nails for the hands and feet. Really, it's so packed with goodness I'm blown away. Only a dark hair would stand up against all the red, so I pulled out this gorgeous braide and curled hair from Wasabi Pills, also a new release for Fantasy Faire. The second I saw this hair I fell in love with it, so this will not be the last time you see it. I love how it cascades across the chest so naturally, like it's just tumbled down after a run.

On the Steps of the Tower

These amazing new boots, for men and women, are also a new release for Fantasy Faire, from Lassitude & Ennui. I'm used to squeeing over their tasteful and elegant ladies wear, but these astonishing, embroidered boots really took me by surprise. I was particularly struck by how the embroidery on them really looked like embroidery, not like it was painted on. I'm not quite sure how they pulled it off, but I am completely astonished and amazed by how natural they look, as if they could walk out of Second Life and onto my feet. The jewelry set I'm wearing is from a new-to-me store called Sax Sheperd Designs, which was sent my way earlier in the week. It's a crown, belt, earrings, and nipple cover set (the last not shown) in a shade of red that so perfectly matched the rest of my look that I simply couldn't resist. If you look closely at the top picture, you can see how cleanly the crown fits into the braid in my hair, almost as if I know I'm going to be busy, so this has to stay tight. The earrings are lovely little hoops, but what really blew me away was the belt - made of chain, cloth, and gems, it really stands out and seemed like the perfect topper to finish off my lingerie. I had to resize it a little - it's modify ok - to fit my belly in, but once I did it was smooth sailing. This is definitely a store to keep an eye on. Finally, the only thing I'm wearing not associated with the Fantasy Faire, besides my wings, is this amazing recent release from Sn@tch. It was the drippy marks on the stockings which inspired me in particular to pick up this set, since it would also let me show off more of the amazing De La Soul skin while maintaining at least a semblance of dignity. Finally, my hands from SLink I really feel like I need to single out - because the skin is now so seamless from body to hands that they fade into the background yet keep my hands from looking like mittens or bits of ham. I can't say enough good things about her newest additions to the SLink mesh hands; I've become an overnight nail addict!

What's That Noise?

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace - Ceredil (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Realism Eyes - FlamingCircuits (promotional item)
Ears: De La Soul, MESHear - Animale Long (promotional item)
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Selene Mesh (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Lingerie: Sn@tch, Desire Latex Lingerie
Jewelry: Sax Sheperd Designs, Frills - Temptress Swag (promotional item)
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Edenion boots (promotional item)

Poses: Glitterati


Location: Crimson Fields
Light Settings: Phototools - Dead End
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments: